Big news out of Walt Disney World today! Disney presents it’s official plans to the Orange County Economic Recovery Task Force in Florida. If approved they hope to reopen the Theme Parks in phases beginning on July 11th.
The requested reopening dates for Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom are July 11th followed by Epcot and Hollywood Studios on July 15th .
Disney Vacation Club Resorts in Vero Beach, Florida and Hilton Head will also open to members and guest starting June 15th . Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground will begin to reopen on June 22 . No word yet as to when the other Disney Resorts will reopen.
Walt Disney World will implement the new Health and Safety Protocols listed below upon reopening the parks .
Here are some key points that we felt were important to share with you :
- Park capacity will be significantly reduced , a new theme park reservation system will require all guest to obtain a reservation in advance , more details to follow .
- There will be a temporary pause on ” high touch” experiences such as playgrounds, parades, fireworks, character meet & greets and Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique makeover experiences .
- Guest will require temperature checks when they enter the parks , face covering are required for any guest age 3 or older and social distancing will be in place .
- More mobile and cashless transactions are recommended.
- Cleaning and disinfection procedures will increase in high-traffic areas.
- Disney will offer ” relaxation zones” where guest can safely take off their masks to relax for a few minutes.
- Disney is temporarily pausing new ticket sales and Disney Resort hotel reservations so that they can focus on guest with existing tickets and reservations .
We know that so many of you have been impacted by the park closures and have had to cancel your vacation plans for this year . We understand how disappointing and frustrating this can be! We look forward to slowly moving forward with you as we start to help you once again navigate your current and future vacation plans .
We eagerly await the opening of Legoand on June 1st , Universal Studios on June 5th, SeaWorld on June 11th . We know that your travel plans will look different but we are grateful to see some slow and steady movement towards future travel becoming a reality again .
Please contact us at Firefly Travels with any questions or to help you navigate your future travel plans .