Does Aulani ever offer any discounts or promotions?
Yes! Aulani will sometimes run sales and promotions that can add up to major savings off the standard room rates. The key to finding these deals is booking early and traveling slightly off-season to amplify the savings.
What room types are available at Aulani?
Room types include Studios, One- and Two-Bedroom Villas, Three-Bedroom Grand Villas, standard hotel rooms and suites. The available views are ocean and partial ocean views, poolside garden, island garden, and standard.
What is included in my stay at Aulani?
Aulani Resort is an island retreat like no other, immersing you in Hawaiian traditions in a breathtaking setting removed from the crowds of Waikiki. With so many all-inclusive vacation activities and amenities at your disposal, you and your family can enjoy days of fun without ever having to leave—all at no additional charge.
MO‘OLELO FIRE PIT STORYTELLING
Gather ‘round the fire pit for enchanting tales told by Uncle, a master storyteller. Puppetry, props and magical effects enhance the evening.
MĀKA‘IKA‘I, THE NATURE AND WILDLIFE OF AULANI RESORT
On this guided walking tour, learn about the landscaping, nature and island beauty of Aulani Resort and the Imagineering inspiration behind it.
PAU HANA ROOM – COMMUNITY HALL
Unwind with family and friends over games, crafts, movies and more at this game room—packed with amenities, activities and amusement for all ages!
MĀKA‘IKA‘I, THE ART AND CULTURE OF AULANI RESORT
Take a guided walking tour of the extensive art collection at Aulani Resort and discover how Imagineers tell the story of Hawaiian culture through these thoughtfully chosen pieces.
Strum along to island songs as you discover traditional Hawaiian instruments and learn to play some popular songs on the ‘ukulele.
Boasting 8,200 square feet, zero entry and a tunnel body slide, the Volcanic Vertical, this is the crown jewel of pools at Aulani Resort.
Enjoy 2 tubing adventures from atop Pu‘u Kilo: extreme rapids that twist through caverns or a lazy river that glides along a tropical landscape.
Four whirlpool spas promise relaxation—2 with spectacular sunset views. Tip for parents: unwind while the kids play at Aunty’s Beach House.
Get away to the serenity and seclusion of Wailana Pool, which is off the beaten track… and reserved for Guests 18 and older.
KA MAKA GROTTO
Swim, play or relax in this infinity-edge pool overlooking stunning Ko Olina Beach. Later, enjoy an after-dark experience with twinkling lights.
Little ones will love this interactive area with 2 slides, a play structure and of course the Menehune, the magical “little people” of Hawai‘i.
KEIKI COVE SPLASH ZONE
Kids can splish, splash and make new friends at this interactive splash zone with squirting jets, designed to resemble a tidal pool.
AULANI RESORT POOL PARTIES
Splash out at Waikolohe Pool, where games, dancing, music and Disney Character appearances deliver gallons of family-friendly fun
AULANI RESORT BEACH AT KO OLINA
Swim, splash and play—or simply relax and soak up the sun on this award-winning beach with a paved trail.
DISNEY PHOTOPASS® SERVICE
Pick up a Disney PhotoPass card from one of our Disney PhotoPass Photographers—them capture treasured memories of your Aulani vacation!
Say aloha to Mickey Mouse and his friends—they love to vacation at Aulani Resort where they pose for photos and have fun with new friends!
OHANA DISNEY MOVIE NIGHTS
Watch family-friendly Disney movies on Hālāwai Lawn, underneath the stars. Arrive early to find your perfect spot and enjoy pre-movie trivia!
AUNTY’S BEACH HOUSE
While parents reconnect, kids ages 3 to 12 can craft, play video games, watch Disney movies and more at this supervised activity center.
FUN FOR TWEENS & TEENS
Guests aged 10 to 17 years old can hang out with new friends while enjoying fun activities created especially for them.
Experience complimentary live performances by some of Hawaii’s most renowned musicians performing traditional and contemporary island music.
MENEHUNE ADVENTURE TRAIL
This high-tech scavenger hunt leads you through Aulani Resort to solve riddles, search for statues and discover surprises.
Does Aulani have a Spa or Fitness center?
Soothe and rejuvenate your mind, body and spirit at Laniwai—Aulani Resort’s full-service spa, salon and fitness center. Laniwai offers spa therapies , outdoor hydrotherapy & family treatments.
Is transportation available between Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa and other destinations on Oahu?
There are a variety of transportation options if you’d like to travel to and from Aulani.
We highly recommend securing a rental car but you can choose from:
- Shuttle service between Aulani and popular destinations, including shopping centers and Honolulu International
- Rental car service
- Taxi service
- The island’s public transportation system
Can Aulani Host my wedding or special event?
Yes ! With its lushly landscaped grounds, beautiful white-sand beach and island motifs, Aulani Resort offers memorable spaces for special events. Aulani Resort is an ideal destination for weddings, vow renewals, family reunions, birthdays and more! Gather with loved ones for an occasion to remember. Delight in seamless service, world-class amenities and imaginative details—all amid tropical beauty at Aulani Resort.
While subject to availability, options include:
- Aulani Resort Beach, with its sweeping seascapes, soft sands and gentle trade winds
- ‘AMA‘AMA Patio, featuring a backdrop of Ko Olina and the Pacific Ocean*
- Hālāwai Lawn, a tropical garden oasis bordered by foliage and tall palm trees
- Kaiona Ballroom, a versatile event space that accommodates up to 300 Guests
- Ka‘ala Ballroom, designed for smaller gatherings of up to 120 Guests
- Rainbow Reef Patio, a raised deck that looks upon Oahu’s only private snorkeling lagoon, filled with hundreds of native fish species
- Wailana Pool, Aulani Resort’s tranquil pool, off the beaten path from the main pool area
- Kipuka Lawn, a rectangular garden setting cloistered in greenery and serenity
- Kipuka Courtyard, a secluded flagstone-paved space with a mosaic-tile fountain
What activity programs are available for kids?
Aulani provides a number of activities for kids in a magical and safe environment at Aunty’s Beach House. Welcoming Guests ages 3 to 12, Aunty’s Beach House is a kids club where youngsters can play, make new friends and explore Hawaiian culture, art and music in age-appropriate activities.
A state-of-the art facility, Aunty’s Beach House is a spacious and secure environment, with a check-in/check-out process, under the watchful supervision of childcare professionals, our Disney Youth Counselors.
Daily Fun with a Theme
As the daily theme changes, some activities may change along with it, but the fun never stops. Here are some of the regularly available activities and amenities:
- Enclosed backyard play area with play structure
- Costumes with fun accessories
- Movie room showcasing Disney favorites
- Interactive game tables and video games
Aunty’s Beach House also features scheduled complimentary activities and premium experiences.
Kids ages 10 to 12 can enjoy special activities and find a place to relax and meet other kids at Aunty’s Beach House. The Tween Zone is offered evenings from 7:30 PM to 8:30 PM.
Pre register Your Child
Children must be registered to participate at Aunty’s Beach House. To get started, submit the online pre-registration form at least 2 days (but no more than 90 days) prior to your arrival date.
Upon arrival at the Resort, please stop by Aunty’s Beach House with your child(ren) to complete your registration. For details, please see Important Information below.
What are some of the amenities in Ko Olina near Aulani?
- NORTH SHORE BEACHES – Spanning more than 7 miles, the beaches of the North Shore are a mecca for surfing aficionados, hosting some of the world’s foremost surf competitions during the winter months. Between November and February, watch the pros ride 30-foot-plus swells at Waimea Bay, Sunset Beach and ‘Ehukai Beach, better known as the Banzai Pipeline. From May to September, gentler waves offer a more tranquil setting for surfing, swimming and sunbathing. At Laniakea Beach, you’re likely to get an up-close look at the huge green sea turtles—some of them up to 80 years old—that come ashore to feed on seaweed growing on the rocks. The North Shore is also home to Haleiwa Town, an artsy enclave frequented by locals and filled with eclectic shops, boutiques, restaurants and art galleries. Meanwhile, the Polynesian Cultural Center offers visitors a taste of island village life with native arts demonstrations, games and activities as well as the opportunity to partake in an authentic luau feast fit for a king.
- PEARL HARBOR– Step into history by taking a tour of the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center. Tours offered include the USS Arizona Memorial, USS Missouri Battleship, Pacific Aviation Museum and a number of exhibits commemorating the events leading up to the United States’ tumultuous entrance into World War II.
- KO OLINA MARINA – Relish the unspoiled beauty and nearly year-round beautiful weather of the leeward coast of Oahu with a variety of ocean excursions and tours, including snorkeling, scuba diving, sport fishing, seasonal whale watching and romantic sunset cruises.
- KO OLINA GOLF CLUB – An 18-hole championship golf course, driving range, putting greens and well-appointed clubhouse are literally right across the street from Aulani Resort. Private lessons, clinics, a pro shop and Roy’s Ko Olina restaurant are also at your disposal.
- KO OLINA STATION & CENTER – Discover a variety of shopping and dining options sure to please the whole family, including Just Tacos Mexican Grill & Cantina, Ko Olina Hawaiian Bar-B-Que and Two Scoops Ice Cream Parlor. Island Country Market, featuring quality foods, wine and liquor, sundries and a full-service deli, offers even more choices.
- A variety of shops and restaurants in nearby Kapolei
- KUALOA RANCH – Once the residence of kings and a training ground for royalty instructed in the arts of war, history and social traditions, Kualoa was considered by ancient Hawaiians one of the most sacred places on Oahu. Meaning “long back” in Hawaiian, kualoa describes this family-run ranch’s verdant valleys and mossy mountain peaks. Marvel at the lush beauty and tranquility of this sacred place in Hawaiian culture on a variety of excursions, including ranch tours on horseback, by ATV and even a movie tour aboard a vintage school bus, where you’ll visit locations from popular blockbuster films and TV shows.
- WAIKIKI – Located on the South Shore of Honolulu, this world-famous neighborhood is Oahu’s main resort area, lined with oceanfront beach hotels. A gathering place for visitors from around the world, Waikiki boasts outstanding shopping, restaurants and tourist attractions. Hike the summit trail to the top of Diamond Head Crater, or visit the Waikiki Aquarium or Honolulu Zoo for a closer look at native wildlife and tropical ecosystems. Waikiki Beach also offers ample recreation opportunities and hosts numerous events throughout the year, from surf competitions and outrigger canoe races to hula dancing and outdoor concerts.
- DOLE PLANTATION TOUR – Board the Pineapple Express for a 20-minute narrated train ride through Hawaii’s only working pineapple plantation. On your journey, learn about the history of the world’s most popular tropical fruit and how James Dole founded the plantation exactly where it still stands as you pass fields of pineapples at various growth stages. Afterward, you can choose to tour the Dole Garden, comprised of 8 mini gardens where you can see, touch and smell a variety of different crops. Or challenge your problem-solving skills in the 3-acre Dole Maze, the world’s largest outdoor botanical labyrinth, as you seek out 8 hidden stations that lead you to the secret at its center. At the plantation country store, browse tempting gifts and enjoy local foods and signature refreshments, including the world-famous DoleWhip®
Can Firefly Travels help us book Excursions or see other Islands during our visit to Hawaii?
Meet Hawai‘i—its natural beauty, culture and character—and fall madly in love. Aulani Resort Excursions knows where to find the spectacular sunsets, welcoming people and rich history that make this island paradise so special. Come along and spot humpback whales on a catamaran cruise, tour Oahu’s moving World War II memorials or hike to a hidden waterfall. All this and more is waiting for you. Are you ready?
Does Aulani offer a Dining Plan?
No . You will pay as you order a la carte items at the quick service or table service dining locations.
Do the Resort restaurants offer meals for special dietary needs?
The Food & Beverage team is committed to offering a wide range of options to accommodate Guests with food allergies or intolerances. Please notify us of any food allergies and intolerances when booking your reservation. You’re also welcome to speak with a chef or a manager-on-duty upon arrival at the restaurant.
What is the policy on alcoholic beverages?
The drinking age is 21 at Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa. Valid photo I.D. is required.
Where can I dine with Disney Characters?
Aulani Resort offers “Aunty’s Breakfast Celebration at the Makahiki,” a Disney Character Breakfast.
Will I be responsible for any cancellation or change fees or other amounts if a hurricane warning is issued within 7 days of my arrival date?
If a hurricane warning is issued by the National Hurricane Center for Oahu—or for your place of residence—within 7 days of your scheduled arrival date, you may call in advance to reschedule or cancel your Walt Disney Travel Company Aulani Resort reservation without any cancellation or change fees imposed by Disney.
If you have products and services provided by third-party suppliers included in your vacation—such as airlines, car rental agencies or travel insurance companies—you will continue to be responsible for any non-refundable payments, as well as cancellation or change fees assessed by those suppliers. The policy does not apply to certain special events or dining experiences.